Monday, April 30, 2007

The World's Oldest Profession.

This isn't a very work safe entry, especially where it comes to the links, so be forewarned.

I was surfing an imageboard last night when I noticed dozens of people enganged in a thread about... A Sailor Moon Wallscroll.

Sort of odd for an argument, so I opened the entire thread. It turns out that thats not just a wallscroll for sale, but two girls. Two girls who are acutioning a date with the both of them, where you can take pictures, chat, discuss costumes, ect, ect. Except, several people on the imageboard knew the girls for having done this before, and dinner and a date wasn't all that was included in the package deal.

In a sort of horrific curiosity I went to visit their website which is mostly about cosplaying and modeling pictures they've both taken. In a good deal of the pictures the girls are... underdressed, and in that state it's quite easy to see that they really need to eat more. I'm not sure which part bothered me more, that someone a year younger than me was selling herself and a friend (I assume) for the paltry sum of $354.99 (any sum is wrong, in my mind), or the fact that this girl, only a year younger than me almost stands to my height and weighs... 40 pounds less than me.

Granted, sometimes I think I'm fat and I gripe about it the same way other girls do, but when I say she weighs 40 pounds less than me I mean it with horror and revulsion. A few more pounds gone and she'll quit looking cute and start looking like a skeleton dipped in wax, hipbones no longer sharply defined but protruding, arms like sticks, face gaunt.

This bothers more than the rest, I think.

I didn't realize this till I flipped back to her page, but we share a birthdate.

No comments: