Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ice Cream, Princesses, and Camwhoring: All in one night.

So, since Facebook kindly reminded me of the date, I went to Baskin Robbin's 31 Cent Ice Cream night with a pocket full of change. I got the pocket full of change while cleaning house, a chore that I loath, and have put off all semester with the excuse of reading textbooks and surfing the Internet (for class! I swear).

Actually going to get my cheap ice cream was more of a challenge than the above paragraph implies. The first one I went to, there was a huge line that I waited in, and then skipped out of (without even getting inside the bloody building) so that I could make it to Work Dinner, one of the highlights of my week. There, Brett did number magic (read: math) and told me I could have SIXTY scoops of ice cream for my twenty dollar bill. SIXTY. Isn't that the best?

Really, I had three once I located a Baskin Robbins not overwhelmed by the masses. Some kind of two-chocolate chocolate mousse, Reece's Cups, and PeanutButter-Chocolate Ice Cream.

While I was cleaning, I found a Barnes and Nobel gift card from my Uncle which I suspected still had money on it. Toting my faithful ice cream along with me for the ride, the nice lady at the store told me I could buy nine dollars and nine cents worth of books with the card I gave her.

So, of course I picked twenty dollars worth of books. Bought two mangas that started with the word "Princess". (At one point I realized I was standing in the Romance isle eating chocolate ice cream, and I just suddenly knew this was a very bad thing) One book was "Murder Princess" (something about bodyswitching between a Princess and a bounty hunter) and the other was "Princess Resurrection" (dude, she has a chainsaw and a princess dress right on the freaking cover. i love it).

/me makes chainsaw noises.

Right. So. Princesses.... Which leads to me coming home and looking for my tiara. Because I have one, somewhere. I found it, and it was all bent up, and then it wouldn't sit on my head right, and I looked like a drunk prom queen in a t-shirt which I thought was perfect for camwhoring. And then, I remembered I have WIGS. WIGS are even better for camwhoring. In fact, I have the exact same wig as the guy on the "How to become an obnoxious Internet camwhore in five easy steps" site. Warning: That site is a little coarse, but quite funny.

And now, I proudly present to you, for your viewing amusement, Bento-chan Camwhoring!!1!

Rofl all you want. I laughed too.

And because the two go hand in hand, like peanut butter and jelly, here's my My Amazon.com Wish List

My friend Mal was even kind enough to look over my wishlist and offer me help with it:

[01:10] Bento: does it work? are you buying me something?
[01:10] Bento: i added a book thats worth 70 dollars. is that sort of like something that costs 300? or is the $199 replica of Jack Sparrow's compass better?
[01:11] mal: No, like.. a camera or fancy juicer or louis vitton handbag
[01:11] Bento: but i dont' like louis vuitton
[01:12] mal: Not relevant
[01:12] Bento: oh
[01:12] Bento: ok
[01:12] mal: It's about looking presumptuous enough that an admirer would buy it for you
[01:12] Bento: search: porche
[01:12] mal: There ya go, tiger
[01:14] Bento: so it has to be threehundred or more?
[01:14] mal: Yeah, at least a couple things
[01:14] mal: Like a 600 dollar camera
[01:14] mal: Or a really fancy bread oven
[01:14] mal: Or something
[01:14] Bento: er. crap.
[01:15] Bento: i don't know which one is a good camera
[01:15] mal: Something that costs that much
[01:15] Bento: ROFL
[01:15] mal: It's not that it's 'good', it's that it's expensive

Such a nice guy. Still, I couldn't find an expensive camera I liked, so it's all books and movies.

*wishlist fixed thanks to cliff 5-5-07*

1 comment:

cliff said...

Canon Digital Rebel X-Ti.