Sunday, February 25, 2007

Too honest to woo peaceably.

Charles' post reminded me of this...

Last Thursday one of the customers at the store tried to tell me that I looked *really good* that night.

Confused, because most days I just throw on whatever, with less than five minutes of planning going into a particular outfit and hair combo, I looked down at my clothes. Jeans, green tanktop, new shoes; but he was on the other side of the counter and couldn't see them. I had my hair down, but I don't think thats that rare of an occurance.

I said that I just wore whatever.

The guy stood there silently.

Then, he stormed off, snapping at me that, "Next time, just take the compliment."

The next customer, once guy #1 was out of hearing, snorted and pointed a finger at me and said, "Yeah. He told you. Just take the compliment."

1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Oops. I took that post down because it didn't seem to fit the tone of the rest of the blog.