Sunday, February 25, 2007

Many things this day

Well, it was a long day today. Some of it wraps over from last night...

First, last night, I broke out the brain wave program I'd found online and set it to the "Lucid Dreaming" mode. And it was working! I was totally psyched as I laid there listening to it planning all the fun stuff I was going to do once I was asleep. All the flying, and sword-fights, and X-men appearances, and just, you know, goofy fun stuff that you can only do in dreams. And then, as it's making it's not quite irritating noise and it's keeping me just this side of conscious, even as I know I'm falling asleep, the laptop overheats (not really, but it's been rather finicky as of late), snarls a beep at me that jolts me awake, and turns off.

A certain lack of Lucid Dreaming happened after that. Very sad.

Next, I got up early so I could pack my bento with all kinds of good things like perogies and ravioli, and the green beans mixed with shelly beans. And I had breakfast sausages and coffee.
Bailey wanted to help with the cooking but I think that had a lot more to do with making something fall on the floor faster than helping me with my lunch box.

Also last night, but a bit this morning, I'm getting closer and closer to the end of The Count of Monte Cristo, which is quickly, quickly climbing the ranks of books to Best Book Ever. Er. It's not inspiring any fanfiction or anything, but it's clearly brilliant at what it's doing. In the abridged version (what you are most likely to have) the plot is something like "first 100 pages = all the bad stuff" like Dantes being sent to Prison. The next 500 pages are him getting back at all the people who ruined his life, stole his woman, and put him in jail.

I especially enjoyed the part yesterday where Count Morcerf just told the committee he knows nothing about what happened to the wife and daughter of the Vizir of Janina and then Haydee (the vizir's daughter) walks in (Count Morcerf sold Haydee and her mother into slavery), and pretty much says, "You killed my father, prepare to die."

Brilliant!

And in other brilliant news, Buck found something really cool on the internet. It's a site that hosts "mashups" which are songs than have been combined together. I already knew about mashups, but he found a really good one. You can find it here. It's by Norwegian Recycling, and it's called "How six songs collide". Somehow, the song makes me think about Prom. Not that I went. But still, pretty.

No comments: