Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The God Lunch

Pictures later. They're huge, and delicious, and I'm going to need the college's internet connection to post them.



Basically, this last Saturday I got up early enough to stir fry. Why? I found a jar of Black Bean sauce at the store and I had to try it out. Lunch wound up being Chicken with Black Bean sauce and all sorts of other good things, including strawberries and grapes.



Then, once I'm at work I get this phone call. My friend's Dad, who's a culinary mastermind to me for the miracles he calls Macaroni and Cheese. Friend tells me his Dad is on the way to my job with lunch. For me.



What happens next is what really, really good dreams are made of.

First, I see him holding this huge cardboard box.

Inside the cardboard box is a red Solo cup with a can of Coke in it. It made me laugh for some really delighted reason. Then there's a bowl of soup, homemade. And a grilled sandwhich with double balogna and double cheese and it's so gooey and hot and tasty! I had to get some ketchup for that, just to top it off a little. And Rob, Kitchen God that he is, there are two, YES TWO, of those rectangular "keep it or throw it away" tupperwares full of his homemade Mac and Cheese.





Needless to say, I ate a little of everything and any idea of a diet or calorie control or health went right out the window.

In other news, Tokyo Gift, a shop on ebay just got a shipment of the new Bento I've been eyeing. Here is the set with no chopsticks or chopsticks holder, and here is the one with the chopsticks. Granted, there's no bento bag, but it's not like I can't sew one. Come on birthday money, Bento-chan wants a new bento!

No comments: