Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend of Awesome

Went to the Georgia Aquarium this weekend with Kevin and John, which was totally awesome since I haven't been able to meet John before and I hadn't been to the Aquarium and we had the whole day there to ourselves.


Giant freaking whale shark. And you can go diving with it! (for hundreds of dollars, but omg diving with whale sharks in an indoor ocean!!)


Deep sea spider monster crabs!


A very clever looking alligator.


Vicious stinging jellyfish! It was awesome watching them swim around behind a wall of acrylic- they're actually beautiful like that, graceful looking. In real like they're horrible minions of the devil. I've got the scars to prove it.

And then we went by Borders so I could spent the Borders Rewards Bucks I'd been sent- They only had one stitchionary but it's a chunky little book with over three hundred stitch patterns in it sorted by type and difficulty (it actually looks like this one chocolate cookbook I have). I kept looking at all the cable patterns and the fake basketweave things and thinking OMG I WANT TO DO THIS. I showed it to Mom and she just sort of looked at the braided cables with terror.

(wouldn't the clever alligator look cute in a navy blue cable sweater?)

1 comment:

Jean in Georgia said...

Think dog sweater, not alligator sweater.