Saturday, January 31, 2009

At a loss...

With the advent of new book shelves (which are not for books) and an account on Library Thing I've spent the last two weeks cataloging, which led to the realization some boxes are missing from the garage. I went through a phase about two years ago with a program that did the same thing as Library Thing only it did it on your computer, and putting books in numbered boxes so I could have more books without having to get rid of others.

Some of those numbered boxes have gone missing. Boxes 4 and 5 were the ones I couldn't seem to locate in the garage, and when I finally did find 5 it only had three books in it (granted, they were all ones I liked and wanted but the boxes generally fit 20-something books). 4 has yet to surface. While I was trying to think what was missing I came up with Thomas the Rhymer, and two Christopher Snow novels (there's obviously more than that, but that's all I could think of not seeing as I've been cataloging).

And what I did find in the garage after pulling all the rubbermade totes off the shelves and sorting through some tapes was two large unnumbered boxes full of the books I was thinking were missing. Except I don't remember putting books in the garage in unnumbered boxes.

And I still can't find box 4.

Is the garage to books what the dryer is to socks?

1 comment:

Kayla said...

I think that question was on the SATs