Thursday, September 6, 2007

Woes

Finally got the PS/2 cable for my Alphasmart to transfer the text to my computer, only when I got home nothing happened. So I called their tech support to find that yes, the PS/2 cable will work for the Pro, but only if I'm running Windows 98.

Apparently if I want to run it on a XP then I need to either partition one of my drives and run 98 on it, then run the Pro through that, and somehow transfer the text to the XP partition, or I need to get a USB to ADB connector cable thing. (the Alphasmart rep offered to sell me such a cable for about $70 which is twice what the internet is quoting me for something similar)

*sigh*

At the moment I'm not sure which one is the simpler choice; partition or purchase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Purchase is by far easier. I wonder if you could use the windows compatibility mode, or just update a driver...