Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Formal Appology to the Hope Diamond

Dear Hope Diamond,

I'm very sorry for the things I said about you putting a curse on the Postal Service. My Torchwood novel finally arrived, after a whole month, whose delay was what made me suspect you in the first place for foul play. The bad blood between you and I was caused by an email I got from the company that sold me the book in August, telling me when the book shipped and when I could expect it. As this day came and went I grew more and more certain you had a hand in holding up my package, especially when I emailed the company about my book. They promised me another date, which came and went, and then a third upon which it arrive. Twenty-five days after shipping, I tell you.

Or rather, I was told.

The truth of the matter was revealed to me by the package the book arrived in.

Alas, it was shipped four days ago.

So, I hope you can understand and forgive my harsh words, and let bygones be bygones. I hear Washington is a very nice place. I hope you enjoy it there.

Lots of love,

Whitney

No comments: