Wednesday, May 9, 2007

blarg

I woke up feeling rotten this morning. Or maybe it was the part where I was forced to wake up. At nine. After going to bed at four AM.

I have trouble sleeping at night, and I'm more susceptable to insomnia when I'm upset. Some of you may know why I'm having trouble sleeping, but I've got a restriction on who I talk to about that...

I still feel rotten.

I... I should probably stop starting everything with "I" too. But anyway, earlier this week I found an ad on craigstlist.com for a lego collection someone needed to get rid of, and I got the set. 26 pounds of legos. When I was little, you know, doll-playing-with age, I remember begging my mom for this new Lego set, some kind of underwater science fortress. I still remember standing in the KB Toy's at Perimiter, her asking me if that was what I really, really wanted? Didn't I want a new Barbie or something?

No. I what I wanted was this. I had to look it up online to find the name and picture, and just looking at it brought back all the memories of assembling and disassembling it. Ah, Legos. There is a set of that same kit for sale on ebay right now and I want it.

So, new collection of legos aside, since school got out things have been pretty miserable around here.

First, that whole fiasco last Friday, which I'm not supposed to talk about. I'm sure that's mostly what the insomnia is coming from. And the worst thing is, I can't be properly angry about it, because... Arg. I can't talk about it. *bangs head against wall*

And the other thing, which I can't really talk about in here either.

And the last thing, which is this costume I'm working on for a friend. She's going to the red carpet release event of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, and she wanted the champagne colored dress Elizabeth wears. You know, with layers and layers of lace over satin and god knows what else, and while I do know how to sew, there are limits to what I know how to do, and how much can get done in a certain amount of time. So we settled on the Plum colored dress from the dinner with Barbossa, since there's an easy way to mod the dress I wore to the Pirate Fan Event. But my friend doesn't know how to sew, so I'm kind of coaching her... Which is a stress in and of itself, because it's a sewing machine, not a magic wand and there are certain ways to do things...

Oh, and Script Frenzy starts soon. But right now I feel too rotten to really pester anyone into doing it. So go look at it, if you want to.

I think I'm gonna go crawl back in bed now.

1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Well I hope you're feeling beter today or at least on the road to recovery. We missed you at dinner.