Tuesday, October 23, 2007

ETA 8 Days

Gah. Nanowrimo is right around the corner, and I'm wondering exactly how I'm going to pull it off this year.

College is slaughtering my time, not with homework, but with reading assignments. One of my classes generally requires about six chapters of reading a week, and I'm determined that school isn't going to be affected by my writing... Hrr. Time management, I guess, and I've got a huge project due in December.

We had a meetup last Friday at the Varsity and it was awesome. I got to meet a new WriMo, and see an old one, and Allison was a ball and a half even though she was sick. She's such a good sport about everything. Looks like we'll be hitting the Art Station and possibly the Woodstock Coffeehouse this year for Write-Ins again.

One of the fun things about the Nanowrimo forums, besides letting all of us chat about writerly and non-writerly things, is the astounding things people will put in their signatures. Blog links, offten, sometimes art for their novel, mostly quotes. There's one from a few years ago I can't seem to find or recall well enough for google to help me find it, something about writing sometimes being like raining fire... Hrr. But I happened across a couple of good quotes today, thought I'd share.


"Make voyages. Attempt them. There’s nothing else."
~Tennessee Williams

“Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds”
~Douglas Adams

"This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until it's done. It's that easy, and that hard."
~Neil Gaiman

No comments: