Monday, August 20, 2007

Typing for Rome

Just sat down to start typing up all those pages I wrote on vacation and since then, I'll update this when I get done, just as a progress thing.

Currently 130 pages, 77,025 words. 12:40PM.

UPDATE: 12:53. It's seriously freezing in the Burruss Lab. I'm going to relocate to another one after lunch in hope of less absolute zero temperatures. Page 131, word count now 77,782.

UPDATE: 2PM. Had lunch, answered a survey for the Health Center (which won me a new water bottle and lanyard), checked on my math text book at the store (still expensive), ate free piece of pizza. Now I'm in the Writing Center, which, while not muggy is a hell of a lot more temperate than the Burruss Lab.

UPDATE: 3:13PM. Word Count 78,386. Page 132. Have to go to class now.

In other news, I just bought a Alphasmart. Yay.

4 comments:

cliff said...

So why'dja pick up an Alphasmart? I've never felt the urge, so I'm counting on you to enlighten me...

Bentochan said...

I like the simplicity of it. All word processing and nothing else, and you can take it anywhere more easily than most laptops. When I heard about them at a Nanowrimo meet a few years ago the idea just really stuck with me, to have a computer solely dedicated to writing. There are other models of Alphasmart that run Palm Programs, but that's like having a computer anyway, so I got an old model, holds about 64 pages. Can't wait for it to get here. And a day later someone on Freecycle offered up a small leather laptop case (about Alphasmart sized) which I considered a sign. ^_^

cliff said...

You know, a pencil and paper is even more basic.

Just barely...

Bentochan said...

Heh. I've been using those a lot too, recently. Somehow paper-and-pen-Londinium is moving along a lot better than on-the-computer-Londinium