Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Day of Fall Classes

(and already trouble on the horizon) (he he he)

First, the college decided to do something to the Burruss parking lot, which is a pretty busy and packed parking lot, which due to the rent-a-fence surrounding most of it no one can park in. Now the limited campus parking is even more limited. I had to park in the dorm garage this morning and hike across campus to class, in the heat. Blarg. Good exercise though. And good thing I had my water bottle.

Second, my Math Teacher is hot. He wore this white dress shirt that was just a little unbuttoned, a black suit jacket, and a black tie which was kinda loose (i thought guys only pulled the collar and tie loose when they were... i don't know. lounging by the pool while jet setting. not teaching statistics, anyway). Khaki slacks seemed out of place with all the black and white, but supposedly men can wear them with dressy stuff. Go figure.

Third, the Literary Geek in me got a huge thrill when I saw there was an almost $90 dollar Shakespeare text on the fall book list.(hooray! i have a whole class on The Bard!) I went to look at it and it appears to be nothing more than a very over sized Complete Works, which I already have a copy of. With my own notes and underlining in. I flipped through most of it, and there doesn't seem to be any special notes or annotations (more than my own, or most copies). Granted, mine is falling apart due to use, and this new copy isn't, but the new copy is a lot of money and it's not even leather bound.

No comments: