Thursday, August 30, 2007

Londinium Calling.

Wrote another fifteen or twenty pages longhand and realized I needed to get back to typing. Somehow it's easier to get all of it done at a computer, whereas I go back through what I've handwritten and see that something needs to happen in between the chapter breaks... Hrm. Of course, once I get that cord thingie for the Alphasmart I can type anywhere, but as for now I don't want to put a bunch of pages on there until I'm sure I can get them off. At least my hand is getting used to all the writing; back in middle school I could write long hand all day with nary a pain. Added four songs to the soundtrack I'm using for writing the book;

Rob Zombies' More Human than Human (for a fight) (hey charles, bows and arrows are kind of useless in houses right? i don't want that part of the fight to be weird),

Mandalay's Please (because several of the characters are either hopelessly in unrequited (or assumed unrequited) love or are going to be at some point),

Passion Orchestra Version (from Kingdom Hearts Two because it makes me think of how Londinium would look with all that Roman architecture),

and the Closing Credits Bolero from Moulin Rouge (because it makes me think of Sophie and how her life goes; very weak and almost lost in the beginning and growing stronger over time)

Hrm. (looks at iPod) Guess I'll post somg of the rest of the soundtrack, since I did so well above.

Expressions of Loneliness by Moonsocket (sourced from LFN, again with the unrequited love thing)

Gorecki by Lamb (sort of the penultimate love song).

Juliet's Aria (Sono Andati) sung by Kate Winslet from Heavenly Creatures. (It's the song I'm planning on using when I write the Temple of War scene)

Otherwise by Morcheeba. (From LFN as well. It's for later, when Sophie is older and can't quite get Lucas to see her that way.)

There are about fifteen other songs but they're mostly repeats of the unrequited love theme, heavily picked from LFN (surprise surprise) so I picked the best of the best. There will probably be more 'fight song' kind of stuff added as it goes along, right now there really isn't all that much action going on... And the past 130+ pages have had a lot of sad stuff happen, hence the not-so-upbeat tunes.

Anyway, 1:27 and I'm at 78,646 with a lot of pages to type up.

2:08 I'm too hungry to write any more. 79,522 words. Woot.

2 comments:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Yeah, shooting a bow indoors wouldn't work well unless you have really big rooms. Heh. Keep it up close and personal.

Bentochan said...

Thats what I was hoping. It's kind of a last stand situation and the archery doesn't do much to help their cause.