Sunday, June 24, 2007

The winding, convoluted, confusing path of the Internet

After Cliff and Kevin both told me about AT&T's Ten Dollar DSL, I finally signed up for it.

The process took at least three days. ^_^

Three days of surfing unaffiliated pages telling me about the offer and then tearing through nearly a dozen pages at the official website trying to find it. Arg! The FCC might be forcing their hand with this deal, but AT&T is doing everything they can not to admit such a thing exists.

Supposidly my new modem will arrive Friday, and Randy is going to come help me set it up, if I can't figure it out (not usually the problem. it's the getting them to talk part, for me) and then I can acctually go on YouTube at home. And do... Other things, which require faster internet...

Heh.

No comments: