Friday, June 1, 2007

Script Frenzy Update

Script Frenzy is definitely a horse of a different color from NaNoWriMo.

Again, I'm impressed with what the sheer fact of having a deadline can do to my writing ability. I haven't been writing much of anything the last few months, besides the occasional Fairy Tale and prodding at the sequel to my 2004 Nano... "Rome" seems to stuck in idle at the moment... Kinda blah, really. I need to do more writing.

So, give me a deadline and a contest and... From four to ten this afternoon I was writing. I was having a Kick Off party at my house at the same time, but lots of writing got done during that too.

In fact, 4,408 words of the 20,000 required got done today.

I'm kinda shocked. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing all the "How to Script" stuff exactly to the letter, but it's coming along like I like.

It's easier than it looks. Kinda like one of those fanfic all dialog only contests.

The thing where this is a different horse is the socializing aspect of Script Frenzy. No one was at the Atlanta Kick Off Party, except me. And I'm the Kennesaw/Marietta ML. So, I sent out invites and put a message on the Script Frenzy site, that I'm having a Kick Off. This gets the attention of about 45 people, about five or six of which RSVP.

Allison showed up. That's it. Weird.

We both ate cookies and wore name tags and wrote a lot so it was a good evening and Bailey was frantic making sure every one's hands were clean, so all around it was a lot of fun. I hope all those people who stayed home had fun too.

No comments: