Tuesday, July 22, 2008

In Dreams

The last dream I had this morning before the alarm blared was really, fantastically neat.

I was at a bookstore, probably a Borders, considering the shelf height. I went to the Scifi section and there were all these great books, something about a elfin detective (it had great cover art, and it was a series and they all looked good), and a fantasy Kingdom inside a kid's closet...

And a whole shelf of Doctor Who novels I hadn't seen before. There was a Doctor I hadn't seen before, and some anthology type books, different Companions with different Doctors, stuff like that.

And right there with them, Del Rey edition like the Conan books, was a collection of short stories where Barbara Gordon, as Batgirl, was the Doctor's Companion.

It made me laugh a little when I woke up.

Oh yeah, I finished "Twilight Streets". It was a great read. I keep being impressed how good all the Torchwood tie-in novels are. I've still got my Forever Knight tie-in novels, and I don't know that I'd pick them up again, but I'm not getting rid of them either. I know I've tried reading a Highlander tie-in or two, and couldn't get anywhere. So far all the Torchwood books, especially "Border Princes" and "Slow Decay" have been really great- they're great enough that I'd rec them to people who haven't seen the show. And as much as they're a punch in the wallet, price-wise, I really do like them being hardcover, they feel excellent in your hands while you're reading them.

1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

I think the Kingdom in the Closet idea is a good one. You should write that. Sounds like a good young adult series.