Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Seventeenth

I got started on Azkaban either last night, or early this morning. I'm kind of running behind, and yet picking up speed.

I was at page fifty-something when I got to work early, and wound up around page seventy-five when I clocked in. It's about 1:30 now and I'm around page 250. Or 300. I forgot. Might finish tonight, might tomorrow morning.

I'm surprised how many people are cheering me on; it's really something having people stop me and ask where I'm at with the books. Maybe I'll blog more about what I'm reading in the future...

As for speculation... Um, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that something is wrong with Percy Weasley. First, he gave Scabbers the Rat (spoiler: Wormtail) to Ron. Maybe he knew, maybe he didn't. Second, the Sneak-o-scope is always going off around him, implying he can't be trusted, or that he's snooping (how the characters keep assuming it's anyone else boggles my mind). Third, he refuses to believe in the return of Voldemort, and supports Fudge (a sure sign of evil). According to a few friends Percy is nothing more than a suckup, but I have to wonder just how deep someone will go to get that cushy job. (or more than a cushy job)

Where I'm at in Azkaban leaves me around, ah, 900 or so pages into the 3,411. Eeek.

No comments: