Sunday, October 17, 2010

A 26 year wait, over.

A lot of you probably know I'm adopted. Since I was twenty I've been looking for my biological family- with no luck. I made a lot of phone calls and sent a few letters but it all amounted to was disconnected numbers. Thursday afternoon I tried googling again, trying some new numbers. The first one went to a disconnected line, the next rang and rang and then someone answered.

I asked for my biological mother and the she said she'd go look for her out in the yard. About two minutes later she was on the line.

It's still blowing my mind. I looked for them for six years and it was just as easy as calling the right number at the right time. I talked to my biological mother for an hour that day and a few hours later my sister called- I have a sister and three brothers- she lives in Hawaii and is in the Navy, two of the brothers live here, and another is in the Army. One of my brothers who lives here has called me a few times. I'm supposed to go down to see them soonish...

Right now it's so much. Every time the phone rings I jump up to grab it- who's calling now? Who's texting? Is it one of them?

3 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

FD said...

After Andy passed away this year, I felt like I wanted to make amends with some unresolved issues in my life and finally decided that I wanted to meet my mother, after not having seen her in 20 years.

I understand to some extent the anxiety you must be feeling, but at least in my case, it really felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders after I finally met her.

BusinessMenWives said...

Oh wow! That's amazing. Congratulations that's exciting!