Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cobb County Library Book Sale

This is probably going to be the last big booksale of the season... Kevin and I got up really early and went to wait in the cold for the doors to open, then rushed around looking for things from 9am til 1pm. Found a few grocery bags worth of stuff, some records. The records selection was practically all Vivaldi this year, just crates and crates of it, no big band.

Well, having Kevin along was great because he's big enough to fight his way in amongst all the grannies at the craft table (I'm too scared to start pushing) and he came out with a few knitting books for me. The first was like, 80's colorwork for children (SCARY) and the second was... Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting, which is one of my favorite knitting books of all time. I never thought I'd get a copy since it's price is usually somewhere between 200-300 dollars but this was ONE FREAKING DOLLAR!!

Other than that I got a Cole Porter bio, a few really old Horatio Hornblower books, a comlete set of Kate Elliot's Crown of Stars, a couple of good history textbooks, some King Arthur fiction. One of the records is "Monster Concert" which has like, 20 pianos and sixteen players- it has to be cool.

And, not adding in the real value of the Alice Starmore book, I bought $445 worth of books for $26. Best of the season so far.

ALSO DO NOT TAKE KIDS TO WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE. IT'S MADE OF AWESOME AND NIGHTMARE FUEL.

1 comment:

Jean in Georgia said...

Congrats again on the kewl knitting book score!