Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Book Sale of the Season

Northside Branch Library is having a book sale this weekend- just one of those small, in-the-lobby type sales, but the ad said something about 8,000 books so I went to go see. I don't know it if was 8,000 or not but it didn't look it.

Got some good stuff, though.



I thought since there was the fourth Joseph Campbell book there, the others would be too, but if they were I couldn't find them. Mom wanted to know what he was about, so I started to explain the monomyth, but without the actual book I don't think I really got the point across. And the "Art of War in the Middle Ages" looks cool. No diagrams on how to build a trebuchet but perhaps "Backyard Ballistics" can help with that.

Another bonus to the small book sale, there was only one guy with a scanner there. People with scanners are the bane of book sales. They push. They're not even there to get books for themselves, just for their amazon stores. So you'll be looking at something and the person with the scanner will start leaning into you to get to the books in front of you and then if you don't get the hint they'll start pushing you- and if you say something about them scanning they start yelling at you. Especially if there's "no scanner" signs posted.

There's four more book sales in the next month. The next is in Newnan- I'm not sure if I'll go because it's so far, but they also said it's a swap, which makes it more interesting.

No comments: