Friday, September 4, 2009

DragonCon and Triops

OK, so I finally went to Dragon Con. It was fun. Mostly.

Got up hella early, took Marta down, waited in line FIVE MILLION HOURS for a badge, and then the fun began. I went to the Torchwood Panel, which had Gareth David Lloyd and James Marsters at it, which was hilarious and great. They told a lot of cute stories and we all laughed al ot and I took a ton of pics of them. And then the panel was over and the guys went to the celeb signing thing so I went there too.

So the first one I get an autograph from was Gareth and he's so nice and genuine and awesome (OMG TRYING NOT TO GET ALL FANGIRLY HERE BUT OMG SERIOUSLY HE CALLED ME SWEETHEART LIKE TEN TIMES!! EEEEEEEEEEE! IN HIS ACCENT!) and he talked to me for several minutes. Like a nice, normal person. Which was great. It kept me from getting all fangirly and screaming incomprehensible things at him. (WELSH ACCENT IN REAL LIFE = 10,000% MORE AWESOME THAN ON TV 4SRS)

Getting James Marsters autograph was significantly less awesome.

Anyway. I donno. I had a good time at the convention. There was lots of neat stuff to look at, and people in costumes, and I ran into seemingly every person I know. I think it would be more fun if I was there longer and had a hotel room, but it was a blast, all things considered.



This is like... Day 10? 11? Those are the two survivors at this point. Sort of a small hatch out of this batch of eggs. The larger one is Tank, and the smaller is Motoko. There was a third, but he was really small and I haven't seen him in a day or so. Tank probably ate him.

No comments: