Sunday, March 1, 2009

4.5 Book Weekend

Drowned Wednesday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday, and Superior Saturday.

When I sat down with them all in a row like that my level of impressed with the series only grew. I read Garth Nix's Sabriel when I was much younger and found it incredible, the world he'd created, the magic in it, even though at the same time I found it sort of mopey. The Keys to the Kingdom series delivers on the magic, world building, and sheer too-much-fantasy-is-just-enough. Now I've got to wait until June (hopefully) for the last book in the series. Considering all the things left to tie up I'm thinking there might be another book after that... (What the sheer happy fantasy part of it reminds me of is the Abarat series)

(both series are supposed to have sequels this summer. yay!)

Started in on Kirith Kirin which I got by inter library loan. It's really pretty good.

Oh, and the Cobb County Library Book Sale is coming up this next weekend.

No comments: