Monday, August 4, 2008

Four Needles at a Time

Spent most of Friday learning how to use Dual Point Needles, which (before Friday) made me think of holding a fist full of knives or juggling thorns. They're actually really simple to use (sometimes they even feel like they're simpler to use than just two normal needles). And you can make a 3D object with no seams, all at once. Like the body of a sweater or a sock or a glove, like I'm doing now.
august 4 b 002
august 4 004
august 4 b 006
That last bit is the ribbing I just started working on. Despite loving the yarn, the fingerless gloves are a bit plain looking so I made the ribbing really chunky. 3x3. I'm so happy with them and keep terrorizing non-knitters with them. "Look! Look at this thing I made!"

1 comment:

Jean in Georgia said...

I'm proud of you, grasshopper!! Now you're ready to knit socks!!!