Monday, August 25, 2008

All Systems Are Go

Despite the drama at school with my student loans, I'm leaving on time. Which is Thursday around dinner time. ^_^

Now that all the ducks are in a line again, I feel all jittery about going and keep sneaking furtive glances at my not packed suitcase. We've got most of the clothes laid out, and we had to weigh my text books the other day... Apparently I only get about 50lbs of luggage and my text books amount to ten of it, which is kinda scary. Clothes never seem to weigh anything until they're wet coming out of the washer or you're packing a suitcase. Then everything seems to weigh too much.

I can't seem to get over that Friday morning I'll be in Frankfurt. Or I'll wake up there, I guess. Fall asleep in Atlanta, wake up at a German airport. We've got just long enough of a stopover for me to get my passport stamped and buy some cheap souvenirs. (hehe. i have a passport! like jason borne!) My Professor warned us we might not get our passports stamped in Italy, since we'll have entered the European Union in Germany, but if you ask you can get it stamped anyway. Allison got me a swank looking passport cover. It's leather and has a sixteenth century map of the world on it- America is correct as far as Florida and the coastline goes, but then blobs out into the unknown on the western shore. There's even cherubs and stuff in the margins, and I'm betting there's at least one sea serpent.

4 comments:

J. A. Wagnon of the Great state of Jawja said...

"Fall asleep in Atlanta, wake up at a German airport."

Hey, no problem. It's happened to the best of us at one time or another.

Jean in Georgia said...

Safe travels!!! :)

Ginabuny said...

ZOMG WHITNEY I will miss you. Skype with me and update your blog and all that.

Ginabuny said...

Whitney I will miss you. Skype with me and update your blog plz. <3.