Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cute Song



Every time this comes on Capitol 95.8 I'm like yessss. The dance he does on the traffic stops reminds me of Edinburgh- the tour guide we had kept jumping up on those things, even after he started drinking.

It's funny the things I think of that I miss in Europe- mass transit is almost always number one. I still can't get over the fact that when I was in Montepulciano I could get the bus to Chiusi, then the train from there to Rome Termini, a bus from there to the airport, the plane from there to London, ride the tube... I was in Trader Joe's tonight and they had some wine from Montepulciano- it's weird to think that's the winery at the other end of town from where I lived. I miss the ice cream trucks all over London- practically the same as you see in the music video. I miss low tide on the Thames, when I'd climb down some algae infested steps to muck around in the clay and old bricks and mussel shells- one time I found a two pound coin and spent it on boiled candy ten minutes later at some place that makes it from scratch.

No comments: