Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sherlock Holmes Defends London from Dinosaurs!

Ok, Sarah and I watched the Sherlock Holmes movie last night and... It was pretty good actually. I mean, seriously dinosaurs! And a kracken! And power suits! It was sort of horrible and awesome at the same time, in a low budget way, thought the CG bits were more charming than in Clash of the Titans. (I mean the cityscape specifically- Every time I saw the temple on the hill all I could think was video game graphics while Parliament looked pretty in the fog and nighttime lights). I did think Gareth David-Lloyd was pretty good as Watson- sort of bumbling and determined. And that guy who played Sherlock was alternately awesome and hilarious- startlingly effete, though. And I got the distinct feeling that it was much less plot coupon-y than the Robert Downy Jr. version.

And now we are watching Nicole Kidman in The Invasion which is setting off every horrible hypochondriac feeling in my body. Space plague spores. *shudder*

1 comment:

Atari said...

For the record, I think you are the only other people in the world who saw this movie besides my roommate and me. Reactions here were fairly similar--campy, cheeky, and so terrible that it's awesome!