Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Desk Drawer Into the Past Part 1

Hopefully I'm not going to embarrass myself too badly here. I'm apparently getting new furniture and I have to clean out my desk, which I haven't really used in years. It's sort of in a bad position- to pull down the table bit you'd got to shift a bed post. So... I haven't been in it much for years, and wasn't one for using a desk much when I was a child, at least for letter writing, that sort of stuff. But, it has six drawers above the table, and six below that are actually drawer sized... I loved those drawers. So many little nooks and crannies for things...

Things which I haven't seen in years, and are amazing/confusing me as I find them. It's fascinating especially in the anthropology/historian sense, since these are things I thought were important enough to save once upon a time. In event of a Pompeii-like incident here's a desk someone might find a thousand years in the future and puzzle over.

No comments: